We believe that God's character and intentions are clearly revealed in the person of Jesus Christ. God's compassion, concern, mercy and truth are made emphatic and are applied to us by Christ's personal ministry, sacrificial death and life-giving resurrection. Christ is our source of help and hope and the one at the center of our life together.
We believe that the Bible is fully authoritative in all matters that touch on humankind's most significant issues. It becomes extremely profitable for all of us to deepen our understanding of this multi-layered story in order that we might gain a wisdom that is vital for our everyday experience.
We invite all people to consider the dramatic claims of Christ and make a personal decision to commit for a lifetime into his loving purpose. This relationship then becomes the foundation for the healing and the life-transformation we all desperately need and long to find. God's Spirit is the catalyst for this on-going life-change.
We believe in supportive community and active encouragement. We believe in generous service and sensitive outreach to our surrounding community. We believe in God's promise to forgive, comfort, restore and renew us here and now ... and in his promise to establish his everlasting kingdom of peace.
The Bible, God's word to us, is central to our relationship with God and each other. While there are some areas where sincere Christians agree to disagree [Romans 14:1-15:7; 2 Timothy 2:23-24; Titus 3:9], the Bible makes clear that certain truths are essential convictions of the Christian faith. The Creek considers these to be the following:
- The Bible [all the books of the Old and New Testaments] is the true written message of God to us. We believe the authors of the Bible were inspired by God and are therefore completely trustworthy. The Bible is the final authority on all matters to which it speaks. [Psalm 19:7-11, 119:105; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21]
- There is one God, who exists forever in perfect community as three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. [Genesis 1:26-27; Deuteronomy 6:4; Colossians 1:15-17; Hebrews 1:8]
- Jesus Christ is fully man and fully God. He is the perfect reflection of God's character and glory. He lived a sinless life and offered himself as the only perfect sacrifice for the sins of all people by dying on the cross. All who believe in Him are declared righteous on the basis of His death. He rose physically from the dead and will return again to earth to reign forever with those who are His. [Matthew 1:18-25; John 1:14, 8:40,58, 11:33; Acts 1:9-11; Romans 5:8-10; Colossians 1:15-17; Hebrews 1:8]
- Humans are created in the image of God, but each one has fallen short of God's perfect standard and is in need of salvation. [Genesis 1:26; Romans 3, 5:12-19; Ephesians 2:1-3, 4:18-19]
- Salvation from our sinful condition is a free gift from God to us. It is not something we earn or deserve. It is offered in grace and received by faith in Jesus Christ alone. Those who believe in Jesus Christ and call on His name are made right with God and given eternal life. [John 3:16, 14:6; Romans 3:28, 8:31-39; 1 Corinthians 12:13; Galatians 3:26-27,36-39; Ephesians 2:8-9; 1 Timothy 2:5-6]